Animal Trainer Internship
A new and exciting opportunity for future animal trainers. This role is aimed at candidates looking to gain experience for the role of an animal trainer for husbandry, welfare and displays. A unique internship based around training theory, logical and practical projects working alongside our experienced animal trainer.
This 12-month role, working full-time, will encompass a range of taxa, alongside basic husbandry duties. Each month will cover different topics including, amongst others:
· Animal body language
· Fitness and exercise, promoting natural behaviours
· Understanding different raining techniques
· Training for medical procedures and welfare
· The opportunity to take part in new training projects
Essential requirements for this internship:
· You must be aged 18 and over.
· Currently working towards or hold an animal related qualification.
· Previous experience working with animals is desirable
· A keen interest in animal training
· Candidates should be motivated, passionate, hard-working, good time-management and keen to learn new skills
· Good problem-solving abilities
· Keeper tasks can be physically demanding; thus, candidate must be physically fit and prepared to work in all outdoor conditions.
All positions are voluntary. Unfortunately, Wild Discovery cannot provide any financial support to applying candidates however a uniform is provided.
Interns operate on a rota basis, working 4 or 5 days out of 7. Candidates must be prepared to work weekends and bank holidays.
The start date for this position would be September 2021.
To apply for this internship please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.