These are the terms and conditions on which we supply goods, services, tickets, annual passes, experiences and other products to you.
Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
Information about us and how to contact us
Who we are
We are Wild Discovery. Our registered address is the Ribby Hall Village, Ribby Road, Wrea Green, Preston, Lancashire, PR4 2PR.
How to contact us
By telephone during opening hours on 01772 673836.
By email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
General admission / tickets
When purchasing tickets on arrival or via the Wild Discovery website you enter into an agreement with Wild Discovery on these Terms applicable to all transactions. Please note that all ticket prices are subject to change without prior notice and can vary by date of visit or through different sales channels (e.g. website and at the gate).
Classes of ticket holder:
- A Child is a person aged from 3 year to 15 years (inclusive)*. Children under the age of 3 may enter free of charge, however a space must be booked for them to ensure Wild Discovery does not exceed the maximum number of visitors.*
- An Adult is a person aged 16 years old and above.*
- A Family Pass of 4 is for two adults and two children only (as stated above).*
- A Family Pass of 5 is for two adults and three children only (as stated above).*
- A Carer ticket is for one person that needs to provide support for a disabled person.*
Wild Discovery offers free entry for ONE essential carer per paying disabled visitor. The customer must book a carer ticket to ensure a place is reserved. To receive a free carer entry on arrival you must bring reasonable evidence/documents.*
*Wild Discovery reserves the right to charge the applicable admission rate to any person that has not correctly purchased tickets online and/or cannot provide reasonable documentation upon entry.
- Tickets sold online are valid only for the date and arrival time stated upon them.
- Tickets once bought (at the Gift Shop or online) are non-refundable.
- Tickets bought online are transferrable if the customer provides adequate notice prior to the booked date and time and/or a suitable reason is provided. This is at the discretion of Wild Discovery.
General admission conditions of entry
- Children under 12 will not be admitted without an adult.
- Last entry is one hour prior to the advertised closing time.
- Re-entry is permitted with a valid receipt from the gift shop, or e-ticket.
- No dogs are permitted on site. This includes assistance dogs. We do not have any kennel facilities at the zoo.
- Bicycles can be parked outside the zoo at the owners risk.
- Roller skates, rollerblades, skateboards and scooters and other similar recreational items are not allowed within the zoo.
- Buggies and pushchairs are left unattended at the owner’s risk. They may be moved if they are blocking an entrance/exit and for safety reasons. Wild Discovery accepts no responsibility for damage to or loss of personal property when left unattended.
- Permission must be obtained for all filming and photography for commercial purposes.
- Wild Discovery reserves the right to refuse entry into, or remove from the premises, any person(s). This includes, but is not limited to, a person who:
- has behaved in a manner which, in the opinion of Wild Discovery, has, or is likely to, adversely affect the animals or the safety or enjoyment of other visitors.
- has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace or may disturb animals.
- is, or appears to be, under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- It is prohibited to bring the following into the zoo:
- any weapons, fireworks, smoke bombs, glass bottles, blades, flammable liquids or other articles that may cause injury.
- skateboards, rollerblades, roller skates, bikes, scooters and other forms of recreational personal transport.
- balls, frisbees, balloons or any other similar items.
- pets or animals of any nature.
- To prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles being taken into the zoo, visitors are admitted subject to a condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves and/or their belongings to be searched by Wild Discovery staff. If a customer refuses a belongings search they will be asked to leave without a refund.
- By purchasing a ticket to Wild Discovery, Visitors agree to:
- Keeping their voices and mobile telephone volumes low.
- Not attempt to feed the animals, enter animal enclosures, climb on anima enclosures and stay of public footpaths.
- Not tap on glass or put any body part through railings or fencing.
- Not film or take photographs for public broadcast, commercial purposes or student projects unless authorisation has first been obtained from Wild Discovery.
- Not throw any article which could cause injury or annoyance to visitors or animals.
- Not smoke, including e-cigarettes in any area of the zoo.
- Follow the safety information provided upon entry.
- Wild Discovery reserves the right to amend pricing and opening times entirely at its discretion and without prior warning.
Issue of e-tickets
- When your booking has been confirmed your tickets will be dispatched via e-mail to the e-mail address you specified in your order. It is your responsibility to check prior to purchase that the information you have supplied to us in respect of your e-ticket requirements is correct. We are only responsible for issuing e-tickets in accordance with the information you provide.
- Once purchased, an e-ticket cannot be re-sold to a third party and is only valid for the date and time stated upon them.
- Payments for e-tickets are non-refundable.
- E-tickets are transferrable if adequate notice/reason is provided prior to the booked date and time and/or a suitable reason is provided. This is at the discretion of Wild Discovery.
- On arrival at Wild Discovery, the following will be required in order to validate an e-ticket purchased through this website:
- Appropriate proof of entitlement to any discounted ticket rate claimed for each person to be admitted under the ticket (annual pass or carer evidence).
- A copy of the email with your booking QR Code that can be scanned. Please note that a print out is not necessary it can be scanned from your phone, however it cannot be scanned if the QR has been screenshot. Failure to provide evidence of your booking may delay the admission process. Wild Discovery reserves the right to refuse admission to any person not able to validate their e-ticket in the above manner.
Promotions, offers and third-party ticket sales
- Additional Terms and Conditions may apply to Promotions and Offers bought or arranged through a Third-party. Please read terms and conditions provided by the Promoter or Third-party Supplier before purchasing.
- No promotion may be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount.
- Please check voucher terms and conditions for validity.
- Wild Discovery reserves the right to decline any promotional voucher.
Animals on show
Wild Discovery cannot guarantee that all animals will be on show at the Zoo throughout the day. For various reasons, including animal welfare, certain animals may be off show to the public without prior notice.
The animals at Wild Discovery have the freedom to move around their enclosures and keepers will not bring animals out for public viewing if the animal has chosen to be off show.
Your annual pass
An annual pass is valid for 12 months starting on the date of purchase, or on a specified date if purchased as a gift.
If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the annual pass. This might be because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product, or due to matters relating to general admission terms and conditions.
On arrival you need to present your booking ticket and your annual pass to gain entry. If you are not able to present these items Wild Discovery reserves the right to charge you general admission.
Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
Children under 3 years of age are able to visit the Zoo for free, but a free ticket must be purchased and therefore a place reserved for them to manage visitor numbers.
Children aged between 3 and 15 years are eligible for a child annual pass.
Adults aged 16 years and above are eligible for an adult annual pass.
Entry to the Zoo
Entry to Wild Discovery is subject to our general admission conditions of entry.
We may alter the opening and closing times without prior notice. Please check our website www.wilddiscovery.co.uk for opening and closing times. We have no control over third party websites that advertise our opening times.
We may close or change some exhibits or areas within the Zoo partly, entirely or at certain times of the year for various reasons including, but not limited to, special events and refurbishment.
Your Annual Pass
You must bring your Annual Pass with you in order to gain entry to the Zoo. You may visit the Zoo during usual opening times.
Entry will only be granted to the named and photographed annual pass holder. Your annual pass benefits are not transferrable under any circumstances and misuse of an annual pass will result in the pass being confiscated.
Annual passes are not valid after the expiry date and remain the property of Wild Discovery at all times.
You must inform Wild Discovery if you lose your annual pass or suspect that it has been stolen. You will be charged the fee stated on the annual pass form to reprint your pass.
Once purchased Annual Passes are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Events and Special Offers
An annual pass may not be valid for entry on certain special events in the zoo calendar and this will be advertised as such.
All events are subject to availability. Annual passes do not guarantee availability to special Wild Discovery events.
If you purchase additional products from us, or participate in events or other promotions, then additional terms and conditions may apply as well as these ones. Please check the terms and conditions for other events at the time of ticket purchase.
- In purchasing an adoption of an animal (an “Animal Adoption”) at Wild Discovery you enter into an agreement with Wild Discovery on these adoption specific terms that incorporate the “Common Terms” on this website applicable to all transactions.
- Each Animal Adoption includes the benefits as stated on the Animal Adoption web page at the time of making your purchase only. Wild Discovery reserves the right to change these benefits at any time and without prior notice.
- Adoption does not imply ownership nor does it create any liabilities in respect of an animal. Adoptions are not exclusive and other people can also adopt the same named animals which feature in the Adoption scheme.
- In the event of the particular species of the Animal Adoption ceasing to be on display due to death or relocation to another collection, we will endeavour to find an alternative animal which will be offered for the remainder of the Animal Adoption period. If the same species cannot be offered, then we will offer an alternative species. Unfortunately, Wild Discovery cannot offer a refund in such circumstances. Wild Discovery endeavours to ensure that all animals on the adoption scheme are on-show each day, but due to unforeseen circumstances this is not always possible.
- Entrance to Wild Discovery to see a species that is the subject of an Animal Adoption does not guarantee that any particular species or animal will be on public display at that time.
- Unless otherwise stated an Animal Adoption runs for a period of 12 months from the date that it is purchased.
- Adoptions are non-refundable. Wild Discovery reserves the right to change the price of animal adoptions at any time, and the difference in price will not be refunded.
Experiences and special events
These terms apply to Keeper for a Day, Animal Encounters, Bitesize Encounters and the Christmas Reindeer Experience.
- Wild Discovery reserves the right to alter the experience on any given day due to animal welfare, health issues, staff shortages, bad weather or changes to the zoo’s collections, but will ensure that if this is the case, then the activity will be replaced with another similar task. Wild Discovery endeavours to keep such changes to a minimum. Over the course of time, sometimes activities have to be changed and therefore may be different to what was advertised at the time of purchasing.
- Wild Discovery reserves the right to change or cancel any dates on any of the above experiences for reasons such as the minimum number of participants has not been reached, extreme bad weather, staff shortages, animal welfare issues or force majeure. Wild Discovery will endeavour to notify you as soon as possible. Regrettably, Wild Discovery cannot cover travel, accommodation or any other related costs if it is forced to cancel a date.
- When the duration of the experience is mentioned on our website, marketing material or by a member of our staff this is an approximate guide.
- Each experience is delivered at a specific start time. It is important that the customer arrives on time to start, otherwise they will lose this time for their experience or risk not receiving the experience at all. No refund/part refund will be given if the customer is late.
- The person(s) taking part in an experience will receive a health and safety briefing before starting. The person(s) taking part understand that Wild Discovery are not and shall not be responsible or liable for any illness, injury to person or damage to property resulting from the experience session.
- The person(s) taking part in the experience must understand that the animals are still deemed wild and may be unpredictable and will adhere to all instructions provided by the keeper. If at any time during the encounter the person(s) taking part do not follow the keeper instructions the experience will be stopped immediately without refund.
- Open-ended vouchers are available on the following experiences; Keeper for a Day and Animal Encounters. Unless otherwise stated, vouchers for are valid for six months from date of purchase. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure a date is booked and completed before expiry. All of our experiences are very popular so we recommend booking a date in advance to avoid disappointment. Wild Discovery is not responsible for unauthorised use of your voucher.
- Pregnant or nursing mothers are welcome to participate in all of our experiences, apart from any Keeper for a Day experience and all of our Animal Encounters. In this instance only, Wild Discovery will extend the voucher at no charge until 6 months after the date of the birth.
- Standard terms and conditions of entry into the zoo apply for all participants on our experiences. Wild Discovery reserves the right to ask any participant to leave the site should they behave in an inappropriate or unsafe manner as mentioned previously.
- Whilst every effort will be made to accommodate those with a disability, learning difficulty and/or allergies due to safety of participants, staff and animals this cannot always be achieved. Please contact Wild Discovery on email@example.com for advice before purchasing any of our experiences. If you do not disclose this information prior to booking and it is deemed unsafe we will not be able to allow the experience to continue and no refund will be given.
Please see below for additional terms and conditions for each experience.
Keeper for a Day
- Participants must be aged 8 years or over. Participants will need a reasonable level of fitness to take part in the activities. If the participant is under 18 years a responsible adult will need to be in attendance during the health & safety briefing.
- Sturdy suitable food wear must be worn, NO open toed shows are allowed. Please wear clothes you do not mind getting dirty and be prepared for all weathers. No strappy or sleeveless tops can be worn. Long hair must be tied back. Any jewellery must be removed to avoid injury to the animals and the participant(s), or loss.
- Once booked the experience is non-refundable, but can be transferred to another date if 72 hours notice is provided by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your booking reference number and valid reason. Or a Gift Voucher can be provided.
- General zoo admission for the participant is included in the cost of the Animal Encounter. Other family members and friends visiting to spectate will need to pay the general zoo admission.
- Sturdy suitable food wear must be worn, NO open toed shows are allowed. Wear clothes you do not mind getting dirty and be prepared for all weathers. No strappy or sleeveless tops to be worn. Long hair must be tied back.
Only for those aged 8 years and above. Those aged 18 years and under will need to be supervised by a full paying adult.
The encounter can be for a maximum of 4 people.
Only for those aged 10 years and above. Those aged 18 years and under will need to be supervised by a full paying adult.
The encounter can be for a maximum of 2 people.
Bitesize Animal Encounters
- General zoo admission for the participant is NOT included in the cost of the Bitesize Encounters. Other family members and friends visiting to spectate will need to pay the general zoo admission.
- Wear suitable clothing for the weather as the Arctic Fox Bitesize Encounter takes place outside.
Arctic Fox, Binturong & Fruit Bats
Only for those aged 6 years and above. Those aged 18 years and under will need to be supervised by a full paying adult.
The encounter can be for a maximum of 6 people.
Birds of Prey, Vultures & Birds of the World
Only for those aged 8 years and above. Those aged 18 years and under will need to be supervised by a full paying adult.
The encounter can be for a maximum of 2 people.
Online Shop / Retail Returns Policy
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you’re not, just return the product via post or to one of our shops, following the instructions below, and we’ll exchange or refund it to the credit or debit card of the person who originally placed and paid for the order.
Under the Consumer Rights Regulations, if you purchase online, by phone or from one of our retail shops, you are entitled to a full refund if you request one in writing within 14 working days of receipt. This includes any delivery charge, but excludes the products listed as exceptions below. If you’re unhappy with your purchase, please let us know within 14 days of receipt of the goods, either via email at email@example.com, marking your email with ‘Refund Request’.
The exception to this general rule, is if you specifically require us to perform services within the 14-day period e.g. an Animal Encounter or Experience within 14 days of your purchase. In this case, you would not be entitled to any refund where we have fully performed the services.
If you return your item to us and you’d like a refund but don’t have your receipt, order confirmation or delivery note, we can offer an exchange to the value of the current selling price. Ordinarily if you have your receipt or delivery note we’ll refund the original debit, credit or charge card used to purchase or in the case of purchase made within our zoo shops, we will refund the credit or debit card as supplied on the completed returns form.
It’s important that any unwanted item, unless faulty, is returned in a re-saleable condition. We’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept all original packaging and labels, and that it’s undamaged and unused.
Products we’re unable to cancel, refund or exchange
We can’t offer refunds or exchanges, unless faulty or not as described, on the following items:
- products which have been personalised for you, such as stationery or gifts
- made to order products
- all dated specific tickets, gifts and experiences
- perishable goods such as sweets and food
You can make free returns via our gift shop or by post.
Please see below for full details of our returns and refunds policy.
1. Returns via our Gift Shop
Simply take a print-out of your order confirmation or the delivery note if purchased online and the product you wish to return or exchange to our gift shop. Please make sure you also take in the payment card you originally used to buy the product.
2. Returns via post
Address the package to the address below and obtain a certificate of postage from the Post Office
Ribby Hall Village
Enclose your name and contact details, the delivery note with the product, and package up securely; please use original packaging if possible, but remove original labels.
Please allow 14 days from the collection or posting date for us to credit your account.
Amendments to the Terms
Wild Discovery reserves the right to make changes to its website, policies, and the Terms at any time. You will be subject to the policies and Terms in force at the time that you use the website and or you enter into any transaction with Wild Discovery, unless any change to those policies or these Terms is required to be made by law or government authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you). If any of these Terms are deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that term will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining term and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
Events beyond Wild Discovery’s reasonable control
Wild Discovery will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with its obligations under these Terms if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond its reasonable control.
Wild Discovery is committed to providing a high quality service to all our visitors and customers. We invite feedback because it enables us to ensure the continuous improvement of the services and facilities we provide. If you have a complaint please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your details.
Wild Discovery is committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with their obligations under data protection legislation. The current data protection law is found in the General Data Protection Regulation as supplemented by the Data Protection Act 2018 and related laws.