Animal Experience Booking Terms & Conditions
Please read the full terms and conditions before making a booking for one of the Wild Discovery Animal Experiences.
ANIMAL EXPERIENCE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The maximum number of participants for each encounter are below: Capybara x4, Giant Anteater, Sloth, Keeper for the Day, Birds of Prey, Vultures and Birds of the World x2, Binturong, Arctic Fox and Bat Bitesize encounters x6.
- Participants must be of the minimum age or above as stated below. If the participant is not of the minimum age they will not be allowed to continue with the experience and no refund will be given. Capybara, Sloth, Keeper for the Day, Birds of Prey, Vultures and Birds of the World 8 years +, Giant Anteater 10 years +, Binturong, Arctic Fox and Bat bitesize 6 years +.
- The duration of each encounter is the maximum time spent. Capybara 30mins, Giant Anteater & Sloth 20mins, Binturong, Arctic Fox and Bat bitesize encounters 10mins, Birds of Prey, Vultures and Birds of the World 15mins.
- By signing the terms and conditions you agree that these are wild animals, and the animals have the choice to participate in the encounter, and if they choose not to participate the keeper will do everything possible to encourage the animal but will not force the animal to participate.
- Zoo admission is included in the price of the following experiences for the participant: Capybara, Sloth, Giant Anteater and Keeper for the Day. Zoo admission is NOT included in the price of the Binturong, Arctic Fox, Bat, Birds of Prey, Vultures and Birds of the World, zoo admission must be paid for separately.
- If the person completing any of the following experiences: Capybara, Sloth, Giant Anteater, Binturong, Arctic Fox, Bat, Birds of Prey, Vultures and Birds of the World are under the age of 18 a responsible adult must be in attendance. The responsible adult must pay normal zoo admission. The responsible adult it not permitted to enter the encounter area/participate in the encounter they must spectate from the public viewing area. A responsible adult is not required for the duration of the Keeper for the Day experience.
- The participants and the responsible adult must attend the health and safety briefing before starting the experience. The person taking part understands that Wild Discovery is not and shall not be responsible or liable for any illness, injury to person or damage to property resulting from the Animal Experiences. I, hereby, fully and forever release and discharge Wild Discovery from all claims, demands, damages, rights of action, present and future therein.
- The person taking part in the experience understands that the animals are still deemed wild and may be unpredictable and will adhere to all instructions given by the keeper. If at any time during the experience the participant does not follow the health and safety instructions the experience will be stopped immediately, and they could be removed from the experience with no refund.
- If you have any physical of medical conditions and/or allergies that may affect your experience, youmust inform Wild Discovery before making a booking to ensure that we can provide you with a full experience. If you do not provide this information prior to your day it may be cancelled with no refund provided. The experiences are not suitable for pregnant persons or anyone with an autoimmune disease. Please contact us prior to booking if you are a wheelchair user.
- Every participant must have a good understanding of basic English language to be able to complete the encounter for health and safety reasons.
- Wild Discovery reserve the right to alter the contents of experience session at any time, for reasons beyond our control, including but not limited to, animal welfare, health and safety, staff shortages, adverse weather or changes to our animal collection. If Wild Discovery does cancel your experience, we will aim to reschedule the experience, however, we cannot be held liable for any travel, accommodation or other related costs or expenses in this scenario. In the event that we have to reschedule your experience to a different date and you are unable to attend the rescheduled date we reserve the right to cancel your booking and provide you with a refund of the price paid.
- It is your responsibility to arrive on time. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the start time of your encounter. If you are running late, you must contact Wild Discovery on 01772 673836 with your estimated arrival time. We are not able to delay the start of the encounter. If you arrive before the end of the encounter, you will be able to join and receive the time remaining. If you arrive after the encounter is completed you will not be able to complete the encounter at another time that day, nor transfer your booking and no refunds are given.
- Sturdy suitable footwear must be worn, NO open toed shows are allowed in any other the experiences. Wear clothes and footwear you do not mind getting dirty and be prepared for all weathers. Most of the experiences take place outside, except for the Sloth encounter.
- Full payment must be taken at the time of booking and no discounts apply for Ribby Hall Staff, Leisure Members or Holiday Home Owners.
- Once a booking is made no refunds are given this includes online purchases and a booking made with a Wild Discovery Gift Voucher. We require a minimum of 72 hours notice to transfer a booking. Any requests made to transfer a booking with less than 72 hours notice will not be accepted. A transfer request must be emailed to email@example.com with the booking reference number and preferred new date.